Circular Economy Foundation Course
The Circular Economy Foundation targets two types of learners. There are those learners who are looking for a more practical approach to the circular economy. The course aims to move beyond the concept of the circular economy and demonstrate how the Circular Rs are the behavioural and economic functions to improve resource management and resource efficiency.
The second type of learner are, usually, companies who are interested in implementing the circular economy. As reporting and company accountability shift to centre stage, we have included the basics of ISO 14000 Environmental Management Systems to encourage better internal company processes, documentation and record-keeping.
The reporting landscape is rapidly expanding, and although a company may not decide to adopt the ISO 14001 standard, it does offer strong methodology leading to establishing skills capacity that will be beneficial for the company over the long term.
Why take this course?
As the circular economy becomes more mainstream, companies will need to become more familiar with how to incorporate its principles in to their day-to-day operations. Equally important are consumers who will play a vital role in returning items for reuse, repair, remanufacture and reprocessing to preserve and conserve our natural capital.
- Manufacturers and brands will be better placed to focus on resource usage as part of their sustainability reporting.
- How logistics and supply chains will play a vital role in the circular economy.
- The Circular Economy Foundation course provides a historical perspective and a glimpse into the future.
- Learn about the range of circular business models.
- Discover the difference between circular economy design and eco-design.
The strength of the circular economy lies in its focus on resource management. The UN Sustainable Development Goals and ESG (Environment – Social – Governance) all cover different areas, even if some overlap. The Circular Economy Foundation course starts by introducing learners to the pressure being placed on biodiversity and the environment through excessive and unsustainable primary raw material extraction. By becoming familiar with the aims of the circular economy we can work towards living within our planetary boundaries.
How the course works
Participants can discover the circular economy at their own pace. The course is easy to get through, with a variety of videos to keep you entertained. Included in the Foundation course is information about ISO 14000 – Environmental Management System. The aim is to set up companies for reporting or improving their internal processes through accurate data collection and documentation.
|0. Introduction||5. Materials|
|1. The Circular Rs||6. Circular & Eco Design|
|2. History||7. Circular Business Models|
|3. Resource Management||8. Life Cycle Assessment|
|4. Closed and Open Loop Systems||9. Environmental Product Declaration|
The Circular Rs –
Course details and format
⇒ One full-day session
⇒ All participants will have access to online content
*Terms & Conditions Apply
⇒ 4 x 2-hour sessions
⇒ Live instructor with Q&A at the end of each session
*Terms & Conditions Apply
All in-person workshop participants will have access to online content, downloads, course reviews and quizzes. Contact our office via the Contact Us form for a copy of the course brochure and for any additional questions you may have.
- Contact Us image: pikisuperstar from Freepik
- Training icon: photo3idea_studio from Flaticon
- Online training icon: from www.icon-icons.com
- Essential Skills™ logo image: by Wes Breazell listed on The Noun Project. The image colour has been changed from black to current logo colour.
- Circular Economy Foundation Course logo image: by ProSymbols listed on The Noun Project. The image colours have been changed from black to current colours.