This ½ day introductory workshop on ‘material flows’ focuses on recognising how recyclable resources becomes the feedstock for new products. This goes beyond any standard recycling program as it includes the basic principles of the circular economy and the concept of material flows.
However achieving circular material flows does require a strategy and a broader co-ordination with a number of different stakeholders and why we an introductory and advanced ½ workshops. Ready for change?
What’s Covered in this Workshop
This workshop is also briefly covered in Step Two of The Nine Steps Towards a Circular Business – Circular Company. We use The Nine Steps Cards™ that have been especially designed for this ½ day workshop.
1. What is the circular economy?
2. Introduction to material flows, the Circular R’s and the Butterfly diagram
3. Your company and staff within the context of the circular economy
4. What’s in your waste and how much can you recover?
5. Introduction to integrating a recyclable resource recovery system in your company and behaviour change.
6. Recyclable resource recovery is more than just recycling
7. Team exercise: Feedstock Collection Pilot
9. Introduction to measuring, metrics, targets and reporting
10. The Vision Tool
This is an advanced workshop that takes company’s towards understanding the material flows in their company, both in the services and manufacturing industries. It also includes detailed guidelines on measuring and metrics that can be included into sustainability reporting. We use The Nine Steps Cards™ that have been especially designed for this ½ day workshop.